November 17, 2008

A Mom's Monday Morning Musings


Ok, so it's not Monday morning any longer but the alliteration was just too corny to pass up. It could be because my day started at 4:30 this morning when our Jack Russell leapt upon my husband's sleeping head in a frantic attempt to kill the raccoon intruder straddling the fence outside our bedroom window. Welcome to Monday!
Why is it that temptation has to start at 4:30 a.m. on a Monday? "Incline my heart to Your testimonies and not to selfish gain," I pray. Sure, I get up in 30 minutes anyway, but it is really easy to rationalize every moment of lost sleep and my Mondays are a tad bit daunting to me for they involve lots of driving here and there and even worse: precise timing. You know what I mean, drop eldest daughter off at work, run home, get some quality educating in, run to the grocery store on the way to dropping middle son off at piano, then back to pick up the eldest from work, pick up middle from piano, rush home to get dinner for eldest prior to rushing her to babysitting job while middle son dashes off to karate, all the while toting youngest brother. Whew! But on this day- and it is the only day we live like that- I desperately need to spend time with God, to make Him my priority in all that I do, to provide bits of Scripture for meditation and prayer during all that driving and rushing. And God is good, He answers me.

No comments: