December 16, 2008

The Christmas Bookshelf

Paula from Hopes Fulfilled shares a little bit of her family's Christmas reading:
I love this retelling of the Christmas story. Chuck Swindoll brings insights into all of the characters. It is one of our family favorites. We read a chapter each week - Ch. 1 focuses on Mary, Ch. 2 Joseph and Ch. 3 Gabriel.
I read of one review that read, "Chuck Swindoll gave the most understandable meaning I've ever read of why Jesus was the only way God could offer salvation to a fallen world. It has given me a fresh approach to this Christmas season and I highly recommend it."
It is a little over Bria's (7 years) but fine for Matt (9 years). This is a small book with gorgeous pictures and makes a wonderful gift. Also, I noticed that Insight for Living has a radio theater version of the book. I'm going to check it out!
Thank you for sharing, Paula, and that one looks like a keeper!

No comments: